Thursday, February 23, 2006

Ride ride ride!!!

Alrighty! I found a use for this blog of mine! :oD It'll be a blog record of my cycling trips here in Perth, with pictures where possible. *grins*

Woke at around 540am, went to eat my breakfast (3 slices of bread and a glass of full cream milk), then bathed and changed into my gear etc.

Left the house at around 730. Took the route that I spelt out in the earlier post, except for a little shortcut at the junction of Leach Highway and Kwinana Freeway, where I turned right into Pulo Road and on to the bike path along Mt. Henry Bridge.

Hehe, took some pics! Was soaking in the cool morning air and the sights and looking at the cars caught in a jam on the freeway. Couldn't resist grinning when I saw that I was going faster than them.

Stopped for a while at Como Beach, walked out on the mini jetty and took some pics there. Rested for a while, then continued on my trip to UWA.

Oh, I passed by the old Swan Brewery too! Its just 2-3km away from UWA, and there's this nice old ship there, snapped some pics again and then down to uni. Was kinda early meeting my friend so I decided to do some rounds on the campus grounds.

Haha, got lots of curious looks and stares, partly because of my gear I think. Its kinda overkill, but hey, I don't mind the extra protection. :oD Got a little lost in uni. :oX Finally found my way out and cycled to Currie Hall's dining area and met my friend there.

We chatted a bit while I ate a pear. Haha, he was complaining that it was cold and chilly and wondering how the heck I was all warm and toasty despite the cold winds. Tams messaged me around then, heee, so nice! Left around 930am and expected to reach home at 11 (which I did). I also expected to have a nice tailwind to lighten my ride back home, how wrong I was!

The moment I rejoined the bike path beside Kwinana Freeway, there was a headwind, and a pretty strong one too!!! I had a frigging headwind for the rest of the 10km before I turned back onto Pulo Road. Warrows! -_-"

Bleah, could only manage 16-19kph in those winds. :o/ Oh, forgot to mention that I kena chieh (overtaken) by so many people on the ride to uni, even by an old lady on a bike with skinny tyres! And I was doing about 30kph at that point. *faints*

The ride back was ok la, was interesting finding my way to and fro without referring to the map. I basically remembered to look out for Pulo Road, and Leach Highway and Kwinana pretty much settled themselves.

Quite a good ride! It was like cycling in air conditioned environment! :oD

Como beach's jetty
Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

The city in the background
Image hosting by Photobucket

Curious little bird
Image hosting by Photobucket

Yohoho and a bottle of rum!!!!
Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home